Thursday, August 31, 2006

Last Day


Today was my last day with the Van Voorhis Family. I have been with them for 5 years and I have been blessed because of it. The Lord has taught me so much through the kids and through their parents and I am thankful for the time I had with them. The kids and I spent the day doing random fun stuff. For example: There is a really steep hill in Salem that I drove down with the kids a year or so ago and Brendan would always ask if we could go down it again. Well, the hill was located on the complete opposite side of town from their house so it wasn't the most convenient thing to do. Except for today, we made it convenient. Random, yes! Randomly fun and memorable, even more so! The kids enjoyed it and I enjoyed the fact that they are easily pleased! Conveniently enough we were able to stop by a park that is located near this same hill. A park I took them to a LONG time ago, and still remembered as one of their favorites.
After eating lunch and running and spinning around (they had a merry-go-round) at the park we all agreed it would be a good idea to stop at DQ and get some well deserved ice cream! :D I even succumbed to taking them to the Dollar Tree and letting them pick out a cheap-o toy that never lasts but a day or so. Asking to go to the Dollar Tree was another one I heard a lot, but, never gave in to. I figure it is always more fun for them when you take them before they ask. More of a treat and a surprise! Well, Tyler opted for a bow-and-arrow (as seen on the right) and Brendan and Samantha went for the candy, this was no surprise...At least not for Brendan who would eat sugar for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner if he had the option. Our day was fun and yet I don't think it has hit me that I am not going back there tomorrow or any other morning. I will miss them. Yet, I trust that they will be a part of my life from here on out and for that I am thankful. Thankful to have met them and thankful to have been accepted as a family member.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you don't have picture from first day...would have been a great contrast to see :)
Love, Mom

Min said...

I do. I was planning on finding one from the beginning and hoping to take a picture tonight when we go to dinner. :D Great minds think alike! ;)

Anonymous said...

So sweet and so sad! I'm looking forward to seeing what God has planned for you! Love ya'. Jess