It has been neat watching the plants grow and fill up our front planter. These are the plants we bought my Mom for Mother's Day. When my Mom and I went to the Nursery to pick them out we felt a little lost and overwhelmed because of the variety of plants and plus having to pick some seasonal and some annuals that would look good together throughout the year.
I have to say we are very pleased with the outcome. As you can see the plants have grown leaps and bounds
and are flourishing. The next big project for the front yard is to plant the grass seed and Lord-willing one day build some stairs going down to the lawn on to a deck.
The work has been long and hard and yet amazingly enough ( I say this because I haven't done half as much as my parents ;) ) it has been a joy to be able to do the work and watch it progress. It is a good feeling. As I pull weeds, that like to grow oh so fast, all I can think about is the reason we have weeds in the first place. Because of our sins and disobedience to our Loving Father in the beginning of time He cursed the grounds of the Earth. For this reason we have to work in keeping the land, He has provided for us, beautiful. It amazes me that God can humble a person through the simplest job such as this. What a beautiful thought/picture to know that one day we will be caught up in Heaven and be in the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ, living in peace with the land that will no longer be cursed but thrive and work together. The New Heavens and New Earth will be a glorious place to live and by God's grace and love He has promised us we WILL one day enjoy in all His goodness and righteousness. Glory be to God!
P.S. Family Camp was wonderful!! Pictures to come.
Friday, August 25, 2006
THEN and NOW
LOVINGLY CREATED BY Min at 5:12 PM
Labels: Brent, Family, Home remodel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so jealous ! :P I was also blessed by your sharing about the weeds girl...........LOVE you all.glad camp was good........AUntie Kathy
I love your scripture references... it always good to read the Word and be reminded of God's sovereignty.
Post a Comment