Home sweet home! Huntington Beach is the beach my Mom grew up at so, there was a lot of reminiscing while there. Our friend
Sheri (In the picture she is on the right), known as the 10th child in my Mom's family, spent the day with us at the beach. At the end of the day she was so kind as to treat all of us to dinner at Ruby's, the restaurant at the end of the Pier. You can kind of see it in the picture above. We were able to see the sun set out over the ocean as we ate our dinner. Our afternoon was spent relaxing on the beach soaking up the warm sun, the weather was perfect, not too hot and not to windy. We also walked along the waters edge, Kristine would have gone all the way in if she had a friend that liked the ocean. ;) Unfortunately, her friend isn't a big fan of
salt water and the uncomfortable, itchy feeling you have when you get out...I never really have been a
beach person, I'm more of the camping/woodsie kind of girl. Kristine and I did enjoy rollerblading along the path. We felt like true Californians! We even stopped for an ice cream cone on our way back, defeating the whole purpose of rollerblading but enjoying it nonetheless! Overall our beach day was a success. I think I'm safe in saying it was one of our favorite days during our time in California. If we didn't have a schedule to keep to I believe my Mom would still be there soaking up the sun! The California beach is one thing she misses a lot!
Thursday, October 05, 2006
LOVINGLY CREATED BY Min at 9:00 PM
Labels: California, Family, Friends, Kristine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
bless you, for not putting the awful rollerblading picture on this page. (The one I hate but you like) You're a very merciful friend. BTW, I love how you do your blog pages. You really DO scrapbook, ya know... you just do it electronically. '-)
Thanks Kristine! You are too kind. I have to say though, nothing can top your scrapbooks. They are a keepsake! Love you lots!
Post a Comment