Monday, October 02, 2006

Palm TREES!!!! It's definitely Southern California! On our way down to the Bazinet's (family friends) on a last minute whim we decided to drive through and check out some of the fancy homes in Hollywood. Our goal was to take a picture of the sign however, we found it was a hard task to take on. Everyone is so rushed in California, another reason I love Oregon. I am shocked the picture shown below turned out. We ended up driving to the top of a hill and stopping so I could poke my head out of our sun roof and capture this shot. It, also, was fast paced, in fact, I think I snapped it on my way down so the car behind us could pass. All that just to have proof we saw the Hollywood sign. ;) It was amazing to see how people live down there. Makes me love Oregon all the more! Eventually, we made it down to West Covina and stayed the night at the Bazinet's. Then, in the morning we drove N. To Sun Valley for church. It was neat hearing Pastor John MacArthur in his home church. I'm usually not a big fan of big choirs in churches (mostly when it has a showy feel) however, singing with the Grace Choir was amazing. At one point I closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like to be in Heaven and sing and rejoice in the presence of our Almighty God and how amazing it is that we will sound even better than what I was hearing at that moment. It was an incredible feeling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'top of a hill'? ...you forgot 'up a very narrow, steep, winding road where the houses have no yards and driveways are really short...and it is nerve wracking to drive...to the top of a hill" But otherwise you did a great job! Love, Mom :)

Min said...

LOL, this is very true. I guess I was getting tired and I didn't have any more detailing left in me.

Violet said...

I have been enjoying your blog ever since your mom told me about it. Thanks for your many pictures and updates on your life. Your description of the Grace choir reminded me of when I was at Moody. The music (at that time, anyway) was beyond description. It's hard to even begin to imagine what heaven will be like. I can't wait!!!

Min said...

Violet,
I can't wait either! It is beyond understanding how wonderful it will be in Heaven! Thank you for you comment. May the Lord bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm a palm tree addict after my visits to SsCal. I have a least a film roll of palm trees. Glad to see that you like them too!
Jess